Product classification：WHAT WE DO> Sweemore®>
Product Name: Naringin Dihydrochalcone
Synonym: Naringin DC
CAS Number: 18916-17-1
Raw material main source: Sichuan, Jiangxi, Zhejiang, Guangxi, Hunan, etc.
Appearance: White fine powder
Botanical Source: Citrus grandis L.
Naringin dihydrochalcone, sometimes abbreviated to naringin DC, is an artificial sweetener derived from naringin, a bitter compound found in citrus. Abbreviated to Naringin DC, Naring dihydrochalcone is a semisynthesis sweetener derived from naringin, a bitter substance from grapefruit. To minimizing the bitterness in orange juice, as a part US program, Naringin dihydrochalocne is found at that time. After treated with potassium hydroxide or another strong base, then it catalysically hydrogenated to the dihydrochalcone, the new sweetener may be 300-800 times sweeteness than sugar at threshold concentrations.
1. Intense sweetener, 500-800 times sweeter than sucrose at threshold
2. Low-calorie sweetening and flavoring
3. It has commercial potential as a new-style sweetener
4. The sweet taste of naringin dc is longset and persistence times, also eliciting a lingering licorice-like cooling aftertaste.
5. When mix with other intense sweetener, such as NHDC, which can modify flavor, mask bitter and unpleasant taste.
6. When used properly it can be sugar substitute reduce sucrose intake by human being’s, suit for fat and non-sugar people.